Injured in an Uber accident in Auburn: Steps to take
Both Uber and Lyft have become popular options in Auburn for traveling around. If you were riding an Uber car as a passenger and got injured in an accident, you need to take immediate steps to protect your rights to seek compensation. Most passengers feel confused and overwhelmed due to the immediate impact of the mishap, and because it is not your personal car, you have reasons to worry. Consider talking to an Auburn car accident attorney right away to understand the state laws related to ride-sharing services. Here are the steps you need to take after getting injured in an Uber accident.
- Get medical care: No matter whether you have endured minor or catastrophic injuries, it is indispensable that you seek medical care right away. If you cannot move much or believe that you have endured a fracture or something serious, call 911 immediately to get the responders to the scene. People often discover injuries, especially internal ones, much later.
- Report the accident: While the driver is required to inform local law enforcement, you may also do the same. An investigating officer will come to the scene, ask for details, and file a report, and you need to request a copy of that report. This may give you an idea of which insurance company should be contacted for your claim.
- Gather evidence. If you are okay after the accident and have a smartphone, take pictures of the scene, and collect all relevant evidence. Take videos of the damaged vehicles, your injuries, and the overall road conditions, including traffic signals. If there were witnesses at the scene, note down their names and contact details to collect statements later.
- Get details of the Uber driver. Ask questions related to the Uber driver and note the names, contact info, and insurance details of all drivers involved in the accident. It would help if you also took pictures of the license plate numbers.
- Call an attorney. As mentioned earlier, you need to contact an accident lawyer to know what your claim is worth. Lawyers know how to navigate through Uber accident claims, and if an attorney decides to take your case, they will communicate with the right insurance adjuster on your behalf. You have little to do except focus on your recovery after the mishap.
Call an attorney now to get an assessment and review of your Uber accident claim. Most lawyers won’t charge a fee for that.